DogMerchants is an online service that provides user ratings and reviews of dog breeders, dog rescuers, pet stores and other dog sellers. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Website”) are owned and operated by Imagine Media LLC, a corporation based in the State of New Jersey, USA.
Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting the DogMerchants website or using a DogMerchants application (an “Application” or “App”) on a mobile phone, tablet or similar device (a “Device”) or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from DogMerchants and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For instance, only registered members are able to post reviews of dog sellers and participate in discussion forums. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others.
You may have the chance to provide contact and dog-seller-related information for other people through our Website. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For instance, if you access third-party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Website in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit DogMerchants. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or comments made.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices.
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the DogMerchants website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our App. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, then contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- (i) To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site. We also may record your password in a cookie, if you checked the box titled “Save this password for automatic sign-in.”
- (ii) To help us customize the content, experience and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet.
- (iii) To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
Please note that if yourefuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access some of the tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, placed in the code of a Web page. We may use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site.
How we use your information
DogMerchants uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- (I) for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site;
- (II) to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about DogMerchants and invitations from the DogMerchants community;
- (III) to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts and other content to the DogMerchants community;
- (IV) to respond to your questions and comments;
- (V) to measure interest in and improve our products, services and Website;
- (VI) to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- (VII) to otherwise customize your experience with DogMerchants, including customizing the ads shown to you;
- (VIII) to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- (IX) to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- (X) to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- (XII) as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
How we share your information
DogMerchants may share your information with the following entities:
- (i) Suppliers, including but not limited to dog breeders, dog rescuers and other dog merchants; and companies that make dog-related products. Throughout DogMerchants and its affiliated sites, all products and services provided by third-party suppliers are described as such.
- (ii) Third-party vendors that provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to DogMerchants from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and preferences, with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to DogMerchants.
- Social Media Services. You may access third-party social media websites and services (such as Facebook) through our site. When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social media websites.
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share your personal information within the DogMerchants Media Group, as well as with our parent companies and domestic and international corporate affiliate companies and websites.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
- (I) To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- (III) In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on DogMerchants, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors.
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by logging in to DogMerchants with your username and password. You can close your DogMerchants account at any time. After you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. You can open a new account at any time.
We may retain information associated with your account in our archives, including but not limited to for analytical purposes.
DogMerchants is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.